Spring Cleaning Checklist
Living in San Diego, we are lucky to enjoy perpetual spring-time weather. It's often difficult to get motivated to complete seasonal tasks, like spring cleaning, when the beach, parks, hiking trails and sunshine are calling. Although, especially with the Marie Kondo craze, it seems cleaning and organization are all the rage right now.
Martha Stewart takes a more traditional approach to the task and has created a Spring-Cleaning Checklist. It includes often forgotten items like, "Polish Metal Door and Window Hardware" or "Reseal Grout Lines," with tips and techniques to help you. This is the essential list she shares:
- Wipe Walls and Ceilings
- Reseal Grout Lines
- Vacuum and Shampoo Rugs
- Dust Books and Shelves
- Clean Upholstered Furnishings
- Polish Metal Door and Window Hardware
- Dust Your Home Thoroughly
- Wax Wooden Furniture
- Ensure Fire Safety
- Wash Window Screens
- Clean Window Treatments
- Wax Non-Wood Floors
Some other spring cleaning tasks to consider?
- Clean the refrigerator: Throw out expired items and wash shelves and trays.
- Clean out the pantry: Throw out expired items and wipe the shelves. Develop a system and reorganize food to that you can see it easily and not waste money on buying items you already have.
- Wash blanket and throws and prepare to store. You won’t need those in summer!
- Shampoo carpets and rugs, consider new rugs for bathroom and kitchen.
- Spruce up your storage unit: Take some time to organize your items so that you can see what you have and can easily rotate items in/out of your unit. Label any unmarked boxes or bins to see content. Find your summer items and get ready for plenty of San Diego sunshine!